Kitchen Design Style
Max suggests the following for your kitchen design style:
- Keep the classic “kitchen work triangle” in mind when designing your kitchen. The stove/oven, sink and refrigerator all need to be in a functional work space. You’ll feel more comfortable cooking in the kitchen when all of your appliances are within easy reach.
- Paths within the cooking zone should be 42 inches wide for a one cook kitchen and 48 inches wide for a kitchen with two cooks.
- To make cabinet doors fully functional, plan enough space for the door’s clearance in your kitchen design.
- Allow for counter space. About 15 inches on either side of a cook top and refrigerator gives ample work space.
- Tiling a backsplash adds color, texture and personality to a kitchen.
- When remodeling, add enough power sources for relocated or new appliances.
- Plan for storage. Do you have enough storage for things other than dishes, glasses, pots or pans?
- Complement your kitchen style with unique cabinet knobs and pulls.
To speak with Max’s assistant, please call 866-739-1636 to talk with Janine. Since Max is usually out searching for great deals on home improvement, she’ll be happy to answer your questions. Janine can generally be reached Monday to Friday, from 9am – 4pm.
Otherwise, view your local store’s hours and contact info to speak with one of our friendly associates.