What Does The Term “Millwork” Mean?

Have you ever heard someone use the term “millwork” when talking about a home? Max T. Value here and I’m going to give you a quick lesson on what millwork is all about! It is a building material made at a factory or mill. Interior trim, doors, shelving, blinds, stairs, and mantels are considered millwork. Moulding and flooring are usually produced in mills as well.

Millwork is Your Home Interiors


Builders Surplus often states we sell moulding and millwork because it’s easier than naming all the interior products that we offer. Millwork refers to the interiors of the home and our associates are here to help you find exactly what you need to update or finish your home improvement.

Builders Surplus offers a big variety of decorative mouldings and trims. We actually have the largest inventory of moulding in New England. Not only do we have the largest inventory, but I can guarantee you our prices are lower than any of the big box stores.

Moulding can be tricky or confusing for some homeowners, so we now show displays of build-ups for people to get a better idea of what they might be looking for in their home.



We also have moulded or solid wood interior doors for your home. Builders Surplus does stock a decent amount of these doors, but if you’re looking for a specific style of interior door, we can special order it for you. And guess what? The lead time is only one week!

Hopefully this gave you a quick and simple lesson on what millwork is all about. Next time you’re with a contractor or remodeler, you can impress them with your knowledge on the term. Check out your interiors when you you’re home and see what might need some upgrading, then head on over to Builders Surplus!